Imigrasi adalah kegiatan memindahkan penduduk negara lain ke negara tertentu untuk menetap. Hal ini diatur dalam Undang-Undang Nomor 6 Tahun 2011 tentang Keimigrasian  . Sedangkan pengertian Imigrasi adalah perpindahan untuk menetap secara tetap yang dilakukan oleh para pendatang, namun bagi wisatawan dan pendatang jangka pendek tidak dianggap pendatang.
Tugas pokok dan fungsi keimigrasian disebut juga dengan Tiga Fungsi Keimigrasian  .
Tri Fungsi (Tiga Fungsi) Keimigrasian meliputi:
- Pengaturan tentang berbagai hal mengenai lalu lintas orang keluar, masuk dan keluar dari dan ke dalam wilayah Negara Republik Indonesia.
- Pengaturan tentang berbagai hal mengenai pengawasan orang asing di wilayah Negara Republik Indonesia.
- Pemeriksaan dokumen perjalanan, baik negara yang ditinggalkan, negara yang dikunjungi, dan negara yang dilewati.
Dokumen dan ketentuan imigrasi yang perlu Anda ketahui:
- Paspor Republik Indonesia: dokumen yang dikeluarkan oleh Pemerintah Republik Indonesia kepada warga negara Indonesia untuk melakukan perjalanan antar negara yang berlaku untuk jangka waktu tertentu.
- Surat Perjalanan Laksana Paspor (SPLP) : dokumen pengganti paspor yang diberikan dalam keadaan tertentu yang berlaku untuk jangka waktu tertentu.
- Visa Republik Indonesia: pernyataan tertulis yang diberikan oleh pejabat yang berwenang pada Kantor Perwakilan Republik Indonesia atau di tempat lain yang ditentukan oleh Pemerintah Republik Indonesia yang memuat persetujuan bagi orang asing untuk melakukan perjalanan ke Wilayah Indonesia dan membentuk dasar pemberian Izin Tinggal.
- Tanda Masuk atau Tanda Masuk: suatu tanda tertentu berupa stempel yang dibubuhkan pada Dokumen Perjalanan warga negara Indonesia dan Orang Asing, baik secara manual maupun elektronik, yang diberikan oleh Pejabat Imigrasi sebagai tanda bahwa yang bersangkutan telah memasuki Wilayah Indonesia.
- Tanda Keluar or Exit Mark: a certain mark in the form of a stamp affixed to the Travel Document of Indonesian citizens and Foreigners, either manually or electronically, given by the Immigration Officer as a sign that the person concerned is out of Indonesian Territory.
- Stay Permit: a permit granted to a Foreigner by an Immigration Officer or a foreign service official to be in Indonesian Territory.
- Integration Statement: a statement of a Foreign National to the Government of the Republic of Indonesia as one of the conditions for obtaining a Permanent Stay Permit.
- Permanent Stay Permit or Izin Tinggal Tetap (ITAP): a permit granted to certain foreigners to reside and settle in the Indonesian Territory as Indonesian residents.
- Re-entry Permit: written permission granted by Immigration Officers to Foreigners holding limited Stay Permits and Permanent Stay Permits to re-enter Indonesian Territory.
Requirements for foreigners to enter Indonesia in 2022
This is a requirement for Overseas Travelers during a pandemic. This requirement is still valid in 2022 Overseas Travelers (PPLN) according to SE Task Force No.7/2022 can undergo quarantine for three days if they have received the third dose of Covid-19 vaccination, but for foreigners/WNI who have just received the second dose of vaccine, then the quarantine is carried out for five days, whereas if you just received the first dose of vaccine, the quarantine lasts for seven days .
Meanwhile, Indonesian citizens who have not received the vaccine abroad will be vaccinated at a quarantine place. As for foreigners who have not been fully vaccinated, they can be vaccinated at a quarantine place if they meet the requirements, including foreigners aged 12-17 years, holders of diplomatic stay permits/official stay permits, and holders of Limited Stay Permits or Permanent Stay Permits.
Some documents that must be prepared by PPLN upon arrival are passports, visas or residence permits, complete doses of Covid-19 vaccination certificates, and RT-PCR test results carried out no later than 3×24 hours before departure. Especially for Foreigners holding a Tourism Visit Visa, it is also mandatory to attach proof of ownership of health insurance or travel insurance with a minimum health cost coverage value of 25,000 US Dollars, along with proof of payment for accommodation or travel services (tour & travel).
Requirements for foreigners to enter Indonesia in 2023
Starting Thursday (26/1/2023) Foreign Citizens (WNA) can apply for a Visit Visa and Pre-Investment Visit Visa on the Molina website  (Foreigner Traffic Module). In addition to applying for a Visit Visa for Tourism and Pre-Investment, you can also extend the Electronic Visa on Arrival (e-VOA).
The Directorate General of Immigration launched the new service with online payment methods can be made using credit or debit cards within the Visa, Mastercard or JCB networks. With this new service, foreigners can complete their visa applications in one process. This is also one form of digitalization of public services promoted by the Directorate General of Immigration.
With this new service, everything can be processed anywhere and anytime because it is enough to use a smartphone and internet network. In addition, Visit Visas for Tourism and Pre-Investment can be submitted by foreigners without the need for a guarantor (sponsor). Molina is expected to be able to encourage the growth of the tourism and investment sector, because immigration makes it easy for global businesses and world investors to review and study potential investments before they invest in Indonesia.
Here are the steps for foreigners who want to apply for a Tourism Visit Visa, Pre-Investment Visit Visa, or e-VOA, through the Molina website:
- Register an account on molina.imigrasi.go.id.
- After logging in, the applicant can fill out the form provided and upload the required documents.
- If all data is confirmed to be correct, the applicant can complete the payment by following the guidelines listed on the website.
- Furthermore, the visa will be sent electronically to the registered foreigner’s e-mail address
KITAP & KITAS
KITAP is a Permanent Stay Permit Card, while KITAS is a Limited Stay Permit Card. The two residence documents are for foreign nationals living in Indonesia. Foreigners holding KITAP can be given a Family Certification (Kartu Keluarga/KK) and Electronic ID Card (E-KTP) or Child ID Card (KIA). Whereas KITAS holders are only given a Certificate of Residence (SKTT). To get the administrative documents, the mandatory requirements that must be brought are KITAP or KITAS and travel documents (passport).
Ownership of population documents such as an e-KTP is the basis for obtaining other public services such as banking, health or social services. Population data collection also has great benefits for the government.
A Limited Stay Permit Card or KITAS is a document required as a residence permit for foreign nationals (WNA) to live in Indonesian territory for a certain period of time. KITAS can be renewed every year. Every time you visit abroad, of course, someone is required to have a visa that is used as a permit to enter a country. Please note that this KITAS is different from a visa.
A visa obtained on arrival in a country or what is known as a visa on arrival generally can only be used for a limited time in a matter of days or weeks. If a foreigner wants to stay in a country for a longer duration, a special permit is needed.
In Indonesia, this special permit for foreigners is called a KITAS. This document is required by foreigners if they wish to work or live in Indonesian territory for a longer time as foreigners (expatriates). However, foreigners cannot simply process KITAS documents. The issuance of a KITAS is only intended for foreign workers who come to Indonesia for work, retirement and other purposes.
A foreigner or guarantor can apply for a KITAS to the Head of the Immigration Office or a designated Immigration Officer whose working area covers the residence of a foreigner who wishes to apply for a KITAS. The processing of this KITAS can be done by visiting the local Immigration Office where the foreigner in question lives. After obtaining a KITAS, foreigners can legally stay in Indonesia according to the period or validity period of the KITAS. If a foreigner stays longer than the permit granted, a fine will be imposed in accordance with applicable regulations.
There are things that must be known by foreign nationals or expatriates in applying for this KITAS, including:
- VITAS first then KITAS
Obtaining a VITAS (Limited Stay Visa) is the fastest way to obtain a KITAS. In general, visas are categorized based on the classification of working or not working. The visa classification will also determine the types of documents that need to be brought by the guarantor or foreigner when processing the ITAS at the Immigration Office. The Vitas user is required to report to the immigration office and convert his VITAS into a Limited Stay Permit (ITAS) for a maximum of 30 days from arrival .
- KITAS management requirements
The following are some of the requirements for obtaining a KITAS that must be carried out by foreign nationals, including:
- ITAS application letter from the sponsor;
- A statement and guarantee letter from the sponsor (with a stamp of IDR 10,000);
- Sponsor’s KTP;
- ITAS application form;
- Original passport and photocopy;
- Domicile certificate from RT/RW or hotel or apartment;
- ITAS approval telex;
- For sponsors, Indonesian citizens’ wives or husbands attach a marriage book, sponsor’s KTP and sponsor’s family card;
- For sponsors of Indonesian Citizen parents, attach the applicant’s birth certificate with a certified Indonesian or English translation;
- For TKA, attach IMTA, RPTKA, marriage certificate and birth certificate (marriage certificate and birth certificate must be translated into Indonesian or English by a certified translator);
- For Foreign Investors (PMA) attach Recommendations from the Investment Coordinating Board (BKPM) and other company documents;
- For students / students, attach a letter of recommendation from the relevant agency.
- Get your KITAS at the Immigration Office in the foreigner’s domicile
Unlike the visa on arrival, which also acts as a visit residence permit, which can be extended at any immigration office throughout Indonesia, KITAS must be obtained in the foreigner’s domicile.
- KITAS can be obtained by visiting visa holders
Foreigners holding visit visas indexed B211A can get a limited stay permit as long as they have a guarantor according to the purpose of their stay permit. If you want to change your status from a visit visa or visit stay permit to a family reunification residence permit, you must have a guarantor as determined by law, such as a husband or wife, father or mother for Indonesian citizens under 18 years of age.
- Costs required to apply for KITAS
According to the Regulation of the Minister of Finance of the Republic of Indonesia Number 9/PMK.02/2022 Concerning Types and Rates of Types of Non-Tax State Revenue Urgent Needs for Immigration Services Applicable to the Ministry of Law and Human Rights and Regulation of the Minister of Law and Human Rights of the Republic of Indonesia Number 28 of 2019 concerning Tariffs PNBP within the Ministry of Law and Human Rights, the cost of obtaining a KITAS per application varies between Rp. 750,000 to Rp. 12,000,000 as follows, depending on the type of ITAS and the length of stay in Indonesia.
- ITAS Upon Arrival: Rp. 750,000
- ITAS Validity Period of Maximum 6 (Six) Months: Rp. 1,000,000
- ITAS Validity Period of Maximum 1 (One) Year: Rp. 1,500,000
- ITAS Validity Maximum 2 (Two) Years: Rp. 2,000,000
- Special ITAS with a maximum validity period of 5 (five) years for special economic zones (KEK): Rp. 5,000,000
- Approval of Limited Stay Permit for Workers in Indonesian Waters: Rp. 1,000,000
- Limited stay permit fee for workers in Indonesian waters: Rp. 300,000
- Limited Stay Permit Not in the Context of Working for a Second Home with a Maximum Stay Period of 5 Years: Rp. 12,000,000
- Limited Stay Permit Not in the Context of Working for a Second Home For Followers (Husband/Wife/Children/Parents) with a Maximum Stay of 5 Years: Rp. 3,500,000
There are 5 types of KITAS that can be used according to their designation.
- Work Visa Book
- Marriage or Family Visa Visa
- Retirement Visa Book
- Investor Visa Certificate
- Dependent Visas
TBrights is an integrated business service in Indonesia that will assist you to settle and grasp a lot of opportunities in Indonesia.
by Tommy HO – Managing Partner TBrights
 Peraturan Pemerintah Nomor 48 Tahun 2021, permohonan Izin Tinggal Terbatas harus diajukan paling lambat 30 (tiga puluh) hari sejak diterimanya pemasukan.